Buying a Heated Dog Bed
A heated dog bed can help the health of your pet, especially in the winter months. However, pet owners must do their research when it comes to these types of dog beds since it is possible for the pet to be injured if it is cheaply made or not maintained properly.
Smaller dogs can benefit most from a heated dog bed since they tend to get colder easier. However, larger dogs with a thin coat can also enjoy the benefits of using a heated dog bed.
If your dog cuddles under the covers in bed with you or likes laying under a blanket on the couch, you may find that you can get your space back by purchasing a heated dog bed. This can save you from having to constantly fight your dog’s odor from getting on your furniture and blankets while giving your dog the warmth he desires.
How to Find a Safe Heated Dog Bed?
You may be wary of purchasing a heated dog bed if your dog likes to chew. Steel wrapped cords come with beds that are CUL and UL certified to insure safety and protection.
If you do not see this on the bed’s description it is not worth the risk. Even if your dog has outgrown chewing it is still best to choose a certified heated dog bed.
Choose a dog bed that lets you control how hot the bed gets. A full-ranged, variable heat control is best since it is easy to control and allows you to set how hot the bed gets. Test how hot the bed is on its hottest setting. Then gradually lower it so you know when it gets too hot for your dog.
Heated dog beds with a removable heater means you can wash the bed when needed. Without the removable feature a bed cannot be washed and you will soon find stains and build up of dirt around your dog’s favorite spot of the bed.
Always check to see where the heated dog bed is meant to be used. Some can only be used outdoors while others are only for indoors. This is also written with its description so you can check to make sure it matches your needs before it is purchased.
Choose a cool dog bed that allows you to set the temperature to be 12 to 15 degrees hotter than the temperature in your house.
Read reviews of heated dog beds online to see which ones have the best customer satisfaction. Pet forums, your local pet store or veterinarian can also give you good advice on which heated dog bed is safest for your dog. Do not take poor reviews lightly.
Once you know what to look for in a heated dog bed, start searching a pet store or online to see what choices you have regarding styles, sizes, and colors.
Not all styles of dog beds may be available with a heater and if this is the case, consider using a heating pad covered with a towel in a regular bed to give your dog the added warmth he needs until you can find the perfect heated dog bed for him.
- ▶The Dog is man’s faithful friend.When winter comes,what can we do for our friend in every cold night? 2019 Upgraded Heating Pad for Pets is a good choice for you,The heated dog beds for large dogs can keep cosy warm in cold days while promote sleep,can accommodate a wide range of pets,including medium and large dogs,suitable for senior pets,arthritic pets,new born puppies,pregnant pets or animals recovered from disease or injury.
- ▶Large Size with Big Space 34″x21″:Our XXL size heated dog pad is big enough for 70 pound American Staffordshire or 50 pound pup and his brother,they sometimes share the mat,if you just had a small pad,the dogs were always jockeying for a spot,now they are all snuggled and they can stretch out.one your pet curls up in it and you may can’t get her to leave it.
- ▶2 Adjustable Mode(30W-60W)with the “just turn on” feature :HIGH setting is for warming the pad up, and it should be used at LOW setting for long periods.it can be plugged in the car if you have a converter 12v to 110v,it can be used in combination with dog food mat,dog bowl mat,dog pee pads,dog crate pad,wee wee pads for dogs.The bed keeps pet off the cold floor and the heating pad keeps pet steady warm at night time.
- ▶ Sturdy 6.6 ft Chew Resistant Cord:The extra large dog house heating pad adds an extra silicone case on the power cord to prevent damage and leakage accident occurred, and with a chew guard around the end of the cord protected our pets not easily chew it up, offers extra safety for your pet and yourself.It’s also really easy to clean!
- ▶Outdoor Heating pads for Dogs Cats:The heating pad is excellent for a garage or shelter that’s outside as long as it doesn’t get wet,and the outside cats/dogs love it cover it with a light blanket and your all set.FCC Certified & 12 Months Guarantee Seller Guarantee:We stand behind our heated dog bed mats and guarantee your complete satisfaction.If you find any questions, pls let our friendly and responsive after-sales support team know,we’ll replace it or full refund.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||10 x 10 x 2.5 inches|