An elevated dog bed may seem silly and uncomfortable when first seen. However, they do have advantages that some dogs prefer or may require depending on their owners’ lifestyles.
Table of Contents
Best Elevated Dog Beds
Dog beds that are elevated just a couple of inches can be used both indoors and out, keep dogs away from pests and are easy to clean.
Some dog owners may not even realize how their dog can benefit from having an elevated dog bed until they happen to come across one and learn what it can do to make their dog happier and healthier.
Choose its Elevation Wisely
Not all elevated dog beds come in the same height off the ground and this can cause problems for older dogs if it is too high for them to comfortably get into their bed. An elevated dog bed that is 4 1/2 inches off the ground is best for older dogs, while younger ones can go a bit higher.
Of course, the elevation may become a factor if you are trying to keep your dog away from pests or moisture on taller grass or larger pests. Consider where you want to use an elevated dog bed and the age of your pet so you do not risk hurting the dog when trying to help him.
Elevated Dog Beds Come with Versatility
Most dog beds cannot be used outdoors; however, that is not the case when you buy an elevated dog bed. These beds are styled like a cot and are often made with waterproof materials that can withstand rain.
Washing an elevated dog bed does not require a washer or dryer since you can just use a cloth, hose with soap and water, or use a safe disinfectant to clean it.
Many doggy daycares, kennels, animal hospitals, and veterinarians use this type of bed because of how easy it is to clean and they can include elevated dog beds in their outdoor play area.
In addition to being easy to clean, an elevated dog bed is much more hygienic than more traditional dog beds since it does not provide a breeding ground for bacteria. If your dog gets fleas, you will not have to clean the bed or throw it away to get rid of them. An elevated dog bed requires less maintenance and care than pillow beds.
Provide Your Dog with a Supportive Bed
Dog owners often choose a bed so their dog has a comfortable place to rest. It may not look as comfortable as a pillow bed, but an elevated dog bed evenly distributes the dog’s weight instead of pillows that clump in some spots and eventually become uneven.
Dogs with joint-related difficulties often benefit from having an elevated dog bed as it cuts down on elbow calluses. Geriatric dogs can keep their bones happier but all dogs can benefit from having an elevated dog bed by promoting joint health
Suddus Elevated Dog beds Waterproof Outdoor, Portable Raised Dog Bed, Dog Bed Off The Floor, Dog Bed Easy Clean Indoor or Outdoor Use, Multiple Sizes…
- 【The dog’s guardian angel】This raised dog bed can keep your dog off the floor. Preventing the cold and smelly in winter also avoids the heat and humidity in summer, which is suited for four seasons. The traditional dog bed will let the dog get moisture invasion on the ground long-term, quickly causing various diseases. The elevated design helps your pet off the ground during the rest, which provides isolation and protection. Keep your dog away from skin diseases and bacteria.
- 【Amazing weight-capacity】Extra support bars with excellent weight capacity are one of the competitive advantages of SUDDUS elevated dog beds. The 0.8mm steel pipes give dog beds stable support, which will not bend and collapse. The XL size even has two additional steel pipes, which can support over 140lbs. (XL can safely carry both 90 lbs Labrador and 95 lbs Golden retriever together in the weight test.)
- 【Durable bed cover】Textilene dog bed cover is non-toxic, resistant to wear and tear, aging, etc. Hot pressed one-piece PVC bed cover without line seam avoids ripped seam situations, chew-proof and sturdy.
- 【Easy to clean/easy to assemble】This elevated dog bed is removable and washable! When you think the doggy bed is a little dirty or has dog hair on it, at this point, wipe it with a wet rag, and the dog bed will be restored to its original condition. You can also take the doggy bed outside, and hose it down; it will air dry quickly and don’t need to wait too long. Very easy to wash. Suddus elevated dog cot is easy to assemble; we have a tutorial video and instructions for our customers.
- 【Details-Warm heart design】We installed non-slip rubber pads on the four support feet; the pet cot doesn’t turn over easily when the dog jumps on it, and make sure the foot of the bed doesn’t scratch the floor. Two anti-skid plastic accessories have been added to the central support rod to protect the pet’s safety in all aspects. We also have four small holes on top of the four supporting feet; we will launch a dog bed tent in the future. There is a dog bed with no fluorescent agent.
- 【Various choices】This pet cot comes in three sizes. XL(48*36*9inch) model dog bed is suitable for large dogs such as Rottweiler, Golden, Retriever, German Shepherd, etc. (It can carry 150-180 pounds), you can sit on it play and it with your dog, to bring dogs better company and love. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us immediately.
|Item Dimensions LxWxH
|48 x 36 x 9 inches
Are elevated beds good for dogs?
Elevated beds can be good for dogs, as they can help to keep them cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. They can also help to prevent joint problems and improve circulation.
Do dogs like to sleep on elevated beds?
Since dogs can have different preferences when it comes to sleeping. Some dogs may enjoy sleeping on elevated beds, while others may prefer to sleep on the floor or in a dog bed that’s closer to the ground. Ultimately, it’s up to the individual dog to decide where they’re most comfortable sleeping.