Dog owners frequently travel with their beloved dog and you can always tell the dog is enjoying it as its head sticks out the window with an expression you can only assume is a smile.
Car Beds for Dogs
However, keeping your dog safe while in a vehicle is important and a car bed is your solution to ensure they are secure and comfortable.
Letting dogs travel in an uncovered pickup truck is dangerous in more ways than one and should be avoided at all costs, especially with safe dog beds available today.
Why Buy a Dog Car Bed?
Some pet owners may think a car bed is not necessary since their dog enjoys having their freedom in the car. Unfortunately, this can be a distraction to the driver. Furthermore, if you get in an accident a dog is likely to get critically injured if not properly restrained like a person.
If they are in your lap or the passenger seat and get in an accident the car’s airbag could also cause injury. A car bed for dogs keeps your pet comfortable and lets them enjoy the ride without you having to worry about his safety, which allows you to concentrate on driving.
The Humane Society of the United States recommends pet owners who travel with their dogs use a car bed.
Prices of Car Beds for Dogs
The price of dog beds may be pricier than dog owners hope and could be why many people are skeptical to buy them. They are growing in popularity as more and more dog owners consider the risks involved with letting your dog travel in your car freely.
Even if your dog can no longer stick its head out the window, they are sure to enjoy being in the car with you instead of being home alone. Dogs can be a distraction to other drivers if their head is outside a window, which only endangers them more.
Many stores sell them at prices as low as $60 but some go up to $200, which makes the price similar to car seats for infants and toddlers.
BOCHAO Dog Car Seat Pet Booster Seat Pet Travel Safety Car Seat, The Dog seat Made of Materials is Safe and Comfortable and can be Disassembled for Easy Cleaning
- 【Pet booster size】: 22.44 inches (length) x 21.25 inches (width) x 12.99 inches (height), can easily accommodate small and medium-sized dogs and cats under 40 pounds (such as bulldogs, labrador dogs, York dogs, etc.). Suitable for almost all types of vehicles, cars, trucks, SUVs, cars
- 【Advantages of a pet car seat】: detachable, easy to machine wash, with a large capacity Oxford cloth storage pocket for easy loading of the dog seat for easy storage and space-saving.
- 【Material】: High-quality oxford-made dog car heightening seat, keeping pet warm and comfortable, wear-resistant, bite-resistant, and durable.
- 【Dog car seat safety performance】: Robust safety belt/belt ensures pet safety and does not have to worry about pets disturbing you while driving; adjustable buckle design, quick to install according to the model, suitable for all types of vehicles.
- 【Please rest assured to buy】: We are responsible for our dog travel car seat, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you are not satisfied with our dog car booster seats, and we will solve your issue within 24 hours, we strive to make you feel value for money.
Where to Place Dog Car Beds
Once you have purchased a dog car bed, you must put it in a safe spot inside the car. The front passenger seat is not where the dog should be harnessed as he could be injured in an accident if the passenger airbag is set off.
The best place for a cat bed is in the backseat. Properly read instructions to make sure the car bed for your dog is correctly installed. After all, you do not want it to cause more harm than good.
It may take a few trips for your dog to be comfortable inside the car bed, especially if he is used to riding freely. However, if you keep with it then he will soon enjoy the ride just as much as he did before.
Puppies that begin in a dog car bed will not know anything different and will enjoy watching cars pass or taking a quick nap while on the road.
What is the best dog car carrier?
There are a lot of different dog car carriers on the market, so it can be tough to decide which one is the best for your pet. Some things you may want to consider when purchasing a carrier are size, type (soft-sided or hard-sided), and how easy it is to clean.
If you’re looking for a soft-sided carrier, the Pet Gear I-GO2 Plus Travel Dog Carrier is a good option.
How do I keep my dog in the backseat of my car?
There are a few different ways to keep your dog in the backseat of your car. One way is to use a dog harness or leash to attach your dog to the backseat. Another way is to use a pet carrier or crate.
How do you cover a dog in a car?
There are a few ways to cover a dog in a car. One way is to use a blanket or towel. Another way is to use a pet carrier.
Do dogs prefer dog beds?
Many dogs do seem to prefer dog beds over other places to sleep, such as on the floor or in a human’s bed. This may be because dog beds are typically softer and more comfortable than other surfaces, or because they provide a sense of security and familiarity.